Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Halfway with Baby #3

The title tells you that we still do not know the sex of our baby! :) My sonogram appointment went great, and the nurse did an awesome job of making sure we didn't see a thing. I told her as soon as we were in the room (Mark was able to go) that we did not want to know what we were having. She kept turning the screen away from us and keeping a really good angle above the belly. We were able to watch her check and measure the spine, bladder, kidneys, head, and bones which was really cool. I'm telling you, seeing your child moving around on a screen and seeing all their organs and parts never gets old. It's just amazing. The baby was moving alot, so she had the screen turned away from us quite a bit. She was able to get us a couple of pictures.

Aerial view of face- I call it the alien shot :)

Itty bitty foot

My mom thinks we are having a boy, and my doctor (who did not do the sonogram) thinks we need to start arguing over girl names. Anybody's guess is as good as mine. I have no idea.

This is me at 21 weeks:


Some of the juicy details:

- I have gained 12 lbs so far (not great but not horrible). My goal is to gain around 25.

- I don't have any crazy cravings. I have been unable to eat queso though. Anytime Mark suggests chips and queso, I literally get nauseous. Funny. But true.

- I don't have any aches or pains yet, and I don't forsee any major ones. My other two pregnancies were pretty smooth sailing.

- I try and walk an hour every night. This is as much for my mental health as it is for my physical health.

- I still have not pulled out any maternity clothes. The truth is I don't like most maternity clothes. I try to take what I have and make it work. A perfect example is the picture above. I wear a tank top (long and lean from Target) almost every day with a skirt or cotton shorts. And I wear alot of cotton dresses.

- They changed my due date yesterday from Dec. 27 to Dec. 23. Which means I will probably have a baby around the 19th if I let my doctor induce me (which I am leaning towards). My reasons for allowing him to induce are that Bella and Jack were both induced with no complications. The only complication I had was with the epidural, which is why I am going to try and not get one this time. I also am leaning towards being induced so that I can be home with all my babies on Christmas, rather than in the hospital. We'll see...

I guess that's it. Not alot to report which is probably a good thing. This pregnancy is different in the fact that I don't have alot of time to let it affect my daily routine in a negative way. I have two other children to take care of, and they don't let me sit down until rest time. :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great Bethany!! If you'd like to explore the med-free birthing option, I would highly recommend Hypnobirthing. This is what I did with (9 1/2 lb) Luke and it was the most incredible experience of my life!! Let me know if you want more info- message me on Facebook or something. -anna

    ReplyDelete