Jack turned 7 this month.
Look at that sweet smile! And that gigantic donut!
Jack is such a sweetheart. He loves big. Feels big. His love language is affirmation and lots of hugs. He works hard at being brave and stepping out of his comfort zone. Now that sounds like his mama. :)
Jack is really enjoying school except when he is woken up for school. Ha! Almost every morning, he voices his opinion on getting up while it's still dark outside. Get some food in him though, and he perks right up. :)
He is making friends and tells me he even has a crush. Oh for pity. I'm down playing this. :)
Jack is getting A LOT of attention at school regarding his height. He always has, but now that he is at school, it is a very concentrated amount of attention. And he does not like it. He mentions is all the time... "I don't want to be tall anymore. Kids always ask me why I'm in first grade..." and on and on. Bless his heart. He is already shy, so the added attention feels terrible to him. He is VERY tall. He is also the oldest in his grade. I've had several occasions with other moms or teachers where I have referenced Jack, the tall first grader, and they immediately know who I am referring to.
We continue to encourage him and try to help him see the benefits. And I do think the comments are dying down.
*Sidenote: Bella EMBRACES the attention her height brings her, and she keeps telling Jack to respond with an enthusiastic "Thank you!". Hahaha.
Jack is by nature a follower... he is very easy going and goes with the flow. I do talk to him though about it being okay to not do something he doesn't want to just because a friend is dragging him along. It's okay bud to want to play something different! You can politely say no! I've heard him stand up for himself several times, and I literally high-fived him. That's my boy! :)
He likes sports, music, video games, legos, books... in particular Hank the Cowdog, the outdoors, his Ripstick, his cousins, his friends, oh... and food. The boy loves food!
I really couldn't be prouder of this boy, his caring heart, his willingness to please, his kind soul, and all the ways I see him growing in his courage and accomplishments. Happy Birthday Jack Anson!!
No comments:
Post a Comment