My girl turned 10 at the beginning of August. I had a baby a decade ago?!
Sometimes I can't wrap my head around Bella. She's just so much... so much energy, personality, attitude, flare, compassion, emotion... she lives life BIG. And this mama has had to learn how to raise a daughter very different from herself. We have overwhelmed each other, cried and laughed together, and slowly but surely have learned EACH OTHER.
For a mother and daughter who are alike AND very different, it takes wisdom and work to figure out how to have the very best relationship we can. And to be honest, it mostly takes GRACE. Lots and lots of grace.
Through these first 10 years with Bella, we have learned and grown so much, and we are pretty fond of one another. 😊 She just makes my heart burst when I think about what a beautifully kind and compassionate person she is becoming. I told her the other day that she is more than I could have ever imagined she would be. She knows what's important, and she cares about those things. She really does have so much love in her heart for this world.
Now all that being said, she is already exhibiting some "tween" characteristics... she's emotional, dramatic, sensitive, irrational at times... she's very into clothes, shoes, nails, hair... she loves all things GIRL. She is trying out the cheerleading squad this year, and she almost fainted from excitement when she saw the size of the bow she gets to wear. 😂 I can't describe enough how girly my girl is.
She LOVES her friends, and it is the biggest answer to prayer that the Lord has brought her sweet friends. She is an extrovert to the extreme... being around people is her jam. Her littlest cousins have her heart. Especially her girl cousins and her John John. This girl would move mountains for that boy.
As extroverted as she is, she finds great comfort in being at home with her family. She is very affectionate and loves to gives long hugs. I think she is a leader so much of the time that she needs mom and dad time to refill her cup.
She started 4th grade today at the Intermediate school, and it is surreal for me. I've been anxious about it, which I know is normal. She is going to do great. It's really hard for me to think about how quickly time is going by. I can't stop it, but I don't want to dwell on it either. I do, however, want it to influence the value I put on the NOW.
I have so many prayers for this girl. She has the potential to be whoever she wants to be. I love you Bella-bee-walla-bee. She would die if she knew I just wrote out her nickname from when she was little. 😀 But I can't help it. She will always be our little girl who had the best hair for little sprigga-sprouts on the top of her head.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA KATHRYN!




No comments:
Post a Comment