The first week of September was a busy one. This post is basically just pictures, and if you follow me on Instagram, you will see a lot of doubles. :)
Speaking of busy, this little guy invented the word.
![]() |
| Serious cuteness happening here. |
![]() |
| Great Gran and Max. I LOVE this picture! |
On Tuesday, Jack had his first day of Mother's Day Out/Preschool. We met his teacher last week, and he cried when I told him we were going to meet her, cried in the car on the way, and cried when he finally did meet her. Sigh. By some miracle (and lots of prayer), he did not cry when I dropped him off his first day. However, he cried when I picked him up. Poor guy. I think he was just really tired and didn't realize how long he would be staying there. He is used to being in Sunday school for an hour and a half.
On Wednesday, it was my birthday. :) Last weekend, we celebrated with my family, and this weekend we will celebrate with Mark's family. So, the actual day was pretty normal routine. It was actually a rough day if I'm going to be honest. Really rough school day. (Every week I'm making adjustments to our school, so I'll do an update post soon). But, the day did end with cake. Mark got his mom's mad cake making skills... he made me a triple layer chocolate cake. Yum! Everything is better when there's cake. :) There's 32 candles there. :)
My sweet lifelong friend, Kate, took me out for my birthday the next day and SPOILED me! Massage, jewelry, dinner... Oh my. I so needed her company. Thank you dearest friend.
| New bangles! |
Thursday, Bella had her first day at Science, Etc. I don't think I've mentioned this before. Through a friend, I heard about this school. It is a school that supports homeschool families by offering a variety of subjects/classes for all different ages. I had been looking for something like this for Bella. One of my biggest worries about homeschooling her was not having a place for her to be around others kids. She loves socializing! :) So, this was a major answer to prayer! She is taking science and art.
| Petting a giant spotted gecko. Completely up her alley! |
Here are the kids boycotting their nap one day this week. So, we headed to Sonic for happy hour half-price slushes.
Friday, Mark and I got to go on a DATE! Yay yay yay! We really needed this. My parents took all three kids overnight (that's clutch), and we went out for sushi.
![]() |
| I got to get dressed up a bit. I love this skirt. Target clearance. I think you've seen it all throughout this post. It's so versatile. Love it. |
| My handsome husband |
![]() |
| So happy to be on a date |
Our plan was to go see a 10 pm movie after dinner. We were too tired. We are so old. We decided to get an awesome full night of sleep instead and get up early to run in the wonderful 60 degree temperatures. Mine was more of a jog for 30 minutes :), but Mark put in 8.5 miles. What a hoss.







No comments:
Post a Comment