Monday, August 18, 2014

Bella turns 7!

Even though I rarely post on my blog… I have to when my babies have a birthday. Speaking of birth day… we celebrated the birth of our fourth child just three weeks ago. But that is a different post. Even though it happened before big sis turned 7. Don't ask me what my reasoning is on writing her post before little brothers.

Bella turned 7. I have to say… this birthday was the hardest one for me to say out loud. It sounds really old. And I just can't believe we've already had 7 years with our girl. 

Bella is still "Bella"… smart, funny, strong-willed, articulate… she's a planner, likes to be organized, enjoys cleaning… definitely has taken after me in that area. 

She still loves crafts, and recently, has really gotten into fashion. She loves clothes, shoes, purses, make-up, and she has a strong opinion on her style. And so it begins. 

This year a few new qualities have emerged in Bella. The first being her compassionate heart. She notices situations or problems and is very sympathetic towards people who are suffering or in need. She doesn't just talk about it… she thinks and prays and writes about it. I've always prayed that she would have a kind and compassionate heart, and it is so wonderful to see that developing in her.

She also has gotten very mature. She understands almost anything… situationally speaking. She mulls things over in her head that she has heard or seen, and then when she talks about it, she is right on the money. It could be a family situation, observing someone's behavior and why they might be acting a certain way, she observes people's dispositions… any number of things… the girl is discerning. We have to be careful what we choose to share with her because we know she will understand it. But do we want her little seven year old mind to have to process it? 

The last big change we've seen in her this year is her extremely sensitive conscience. She becomes greatly burdened by things she's done or said that she knows aren't pleasing to the Lord. She will come into our room late at night, "confessing" a time she lied a year ago (I'm not kidding), and she'll be in tears over it. She is a believer, and I've explained to her that the Holy Spirit living inside of her can give those convictions and pulls to not ignore what we know is right and wrong. And I encourage her that this is a good thing. She is growing so much spiritually… it truly is exciting to see in your child. And a good reminder for me to not ignore the Holy Spirit when I feel checks in my spirit.  

Mark and I are so proud of our girl. At times, she has been tough to "train up", but we are seeing God's blessings in her and are so thankful and overwhelmed by them. What a beautiful little girl she has become… inside and out!













EKP

EKP



Happy Birthday Bella Kathryn!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, thought I posted but I don't see it so I'll try again. What a beautiful description of your Bella. I can't believe that she is 7. I didn't realize that Bella and Ethan were that close in age, he was 7 in Feb. A big difference in girls and boys! I love reading about your sweet family and I'm so happy you are getting to do what you love in life!

    ReplyDelete