I had a fast labor… my doctor broke my water around 8:30, and he was born 3 hours later. His birth was everything I had hoped it would be… it was such an answer to prayer. After three failed (and scary) epidurals and one pain-med free birth with our first three children, I wanted things to go differently this time. My prayer is that I would be able to receive a safe, effective, and complicated-free epidural… and that is just what happened. I am still so thankful when I think back on it.
My mom and two friends were in for the birth… it was so special to have them there with us. And we had his birth photographed… Amazing. The pictures are raw, emotional, and simply beautiful. If you are thinking of having the birth of your child photographed, you must use Erin Blinn. She is DFW photographer, and she is incredible at what she does. I am so happy that we have Finn's first seconds, minutes, and hours held in photographs.
We had lots of family and friends come visit us at the hospital and when we got home. I feel so blessed. It's an incredible feeling to have the birth of your fourth child celebrated as if he was your first. :)
Finn Allen is named after my dad, Mark Allen. A wonderful man to be named after.
*Side-note: Our sons are named after the three most prominent male figures in their lives… Jack Anson after Daddy (Mark Anson), Max Palmer after Grandpa (Thomas Palmer), and Finn Allen after Pop (Mark Allen). I LOVE how that worked out!
Finn fits into our family perfectly. I adore him. Mark adores him. The kids absolutely adore him. He is loved WELL.
And now on to the pictures...
And now Erin Blinn's photos…





No comments:
Post a Comment